Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunbeams!

 
 
For months, M has been ready to leave our church nursery and move up into the Primary.  All through December, she counted down how many Sundays she had left until she could move up with the big kids.  
 
 
Happily for her, the Sunday before the change, the nursery teachers brought the 3-year-olds into Sharing Time to visit.  She was beaming.  She loved it.  They even sang her favorite Primary song:  If The Savior Stood Beside Me.

This Sunday was the big day.  She was so excited, she chattered about it all morning.  She did so well.  She stayed in her seat, even when she realized I was there, playing the piano.  She was the loudest voice I could hear singing the opening song.  She even answered a question.  But I was most proud of her that night, when she said her prayers and prayed by name for two children in her class who weren't so happy about the transition.

(Kind of like this...)
And so we are finished with nursery for good.  I admit, I felt just a little wistful about that, walking past the room and not needing to peek in to check on anyone. 

And now we enjoy our last Sunbeam.  The girl who wants to be a superhero but is afraid of monsters and dragons.  The girl who is most often an animal instead of a girl -- or maybe more than one animal at a time.  The girl who so wishes she could be as big as her brothers, so she pretends she's already 6. 
 
 
Soon enough, my girl, soon enough.
 

3 comments:

  1. She looks so happy! I'm glad she loved it. Hopefully she will love it all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to have her in my class! And how sweet that she would pray for her two fellow sunbeams that were having a hard time! (I pray for them too). Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could she be any cuter? I think not...

    ReplyDelete