Wednesday, September 10, 2014

School

I am so far behind it's not even funny.  But yes, the kids did start school and now we're a month in and everyone has survived so far!

C is adjusting to his new middle school.  We were redistricted, and he had to switch -- which he wasn't thrilled about, but as with most changes, there were both things to be gained and things to mourn their loss.  He really likes his science class.  His teacher has pet snakes and brought one to keep in class.  He'd really like one as a pet.  I don't think I'm ready for that.

(These two love fact books; they're quizzing each other on S's bunk)
S likes his 2nd grade class.  His new recess pal is a boy with the same name, which is enough for instant friendship when you're 7.  J decided to join band, so he's starting on the clarinet this year.  He's excited about it.  Unfortunately, it overlaps every other week with his bird-watching seminar.  Not good scheduling there.

(I got to chaperone his first field trip - celebrating the 200th anniversary of the Star-Spangled Banner!  It was super fun!)
M started preschool which she was thrilled about.  There was no fussing, no tears, no fears to be eased.  She just dived in without looking back.  Strangely enough though, I watched her join her playmates and suddenly, she seemed so little.  I guess I'm used to her ruling the roost around here with her big brothers.  It was an adjustment to see her as just another 4-year-old!  She is enjoying the class so much and loves being asked at dinner how school was. 

(She was being so silly, I couldn't get a decent picture the first day!)
I am actually loving my alone time as well.  I've discovered that my nine hours a week goes by quickly.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment