Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My newest nephew

I am so far behind on this blog, but I have been thinking about this post for a long time now.  My youngest brother and his wife recently adopted this sweet boy: 

(Isn't he a darling?)
 They brought him home from the hospital as a newborn and finalized the adoption in April. 
 
 
I keep thinking of the boy's birth mother, what a tough decision this was for her.  How would it be to let that child of your body go to someone else, even if you knew it was for the best?  To trust the care of your baby to virtual strangers?  I don't know if I could do it.  But she did.  Because she loved him.  And now my brother and his family love him.  And his new cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents all love him.  And we're all grateful for her sacrifice so J could be a part of our family.
 
(They were able to seal J at the DC Temple last month.  We were so happy to be there for it!)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment